Friday, April 25, 2008

T ride




Dolores was our first stop in Colorado. Our meeting spot after the ride was the Imagine Coffee shop where the Americano was just what I needed. We unloaded our trailer at the Dolores High School gymnasium and went to the Catholic Church in town to give a lecture about poverty and healthcare. Afterwards, a group of us went to nearby Cortez to visit their Super WalMart. I bought a bath towel because I left mine in Tropic, Utah and had been using my Patagonia R1 as a towel since that time. Wow, their clothing is so versatile, but for $3.86 I thought a towel would be a good investment. Plus, it was nicely striped.

The next morning we left Dolores for Telluride, Colorado. I had visited Telluride with the Miami Ski Club during my first year at Miami and remembered it being a pretty fun town. Along the way, we stopped in Rico for lunch. There was a coffee shop nearby so I decided to stop in and grab some java to warm up before the rest of our ride. After Rico, we climbed up and over Lizard Head Pass which was over 10,000 feet. The descent down was fast and windy at times, and I was glad to cruise into town and grab some real food.





Carissa and Katie made some delicious lasagna for dinner, and afterward, we went to the Last Dollar Saloon which is apparently a locals bar. The town is a little slow right now with it being in between seasons, but when Kelly Clarkson came on last night, the bar started rockin'.

This afternoon I left our condo in search of one of my favorite spots from my last visit, the bakery Baked in Telluride. I must say the pizza is as good as I remember.

We had our first celebrity sighting of the trip today with Katie Holmes walking down the street with Suri. She must have heard that a group of super sweet cyclists were coming through town, and she wanted to stop by and hear our presentation. Tom is not invited.

1 comment:

jflan said...

kelly clarkson rocks my face off