Friday, April 25, 2008

Our last day in Utah...

Tuesday we left Natural Bridges and headed toward Monticello, UT. This was one of the best days of riding so far. The most memorable part of the ride was a fast descent toward a small river. As we rode down, we could see a steep ascent on the other side of the river that followed a canyon wall. Then the road took a sharp left and went right through the rock face. Here is a picture on the other side where we had our rest stop.



Our ride continued with a stop in Blanding, UT. As we cruised into town I noticed that they had a dinosaur museum. A group of us quickly ate our lunches with hopes that we would have time to visit the museum before we left for Monticello. The museum did not disappoint. They had a nice collection of fossils and exhibits and I even got a picture with an allosaurus. Sweeeeet!



Just when I thought the day couldn't get any better, we arrived in Monticello to an amazing mexican dinner. I felt kinda sick after my third serving, but it just felt so right. There was a restaurant across the street from the church where we were staying called MD Cookhouse. With so many medical students on the trip, it must have been a sign. Anuj and I stopped over only to find out that they did karaoke on Friday nights. Only problem was it was Tuesday. We just couldn't let an opportunity such as this one slip away so we convinced them to set up the karaoke for our group. Kel and I started things off with "Picture" by Kid Rock and Sheryl Crow. I must say, we both put a lot of emotion into that song. Anuj and I took it back to the streets with a killer version of Coolio's "Gangsta's Paradise." We nailed every verse and even did the chorus in the high pitched tone just like the original. In the end, the crowd was entertained and speechless. For an encore, we attempted "Ms Jackson" by OutKast. Wow, I didn't remember the verses being so fast. Anyway, we hit all the verses and with a little practice, this could be our best song.

The next morning, we left Monticello for Dolores, Colorado. After 18 miles or so we crossed the state line. There was a restaurant there with a buffalo that I tried to wrestle.


No comments: